Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years resolutions

I wanted to do a little mini-review on a book I got for Christmas. Well, not really a review. I'm going to do a "before and after" type thing with my some of my book reviews, and this is a "before" review. These will have my first impressions, who the authors are, how I got it, etc.
The book is Jane Austen Made Me Do It. This book is a collection of stories inspired by Jane Austen's novels, and the Regency era. Here is the awesome cover...
Firstly, I adore this cover!! It's so pretty, with the ribbon and the painting, I think it's just so cute!
Scanning through the book, it looks like quite an interesting arrangement. One story, Jane Austen, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!  by Janet Mullany  is set in the 1960s. Letters to Lydia by Maya Slater is a story conducted with letters to Lydia Bennet, Pride and Prejudice star Elizabeth Bennet's airhead sister. There are also stories set in present times, including Me and Mr. Darcy, Again... By Alexandra Potter. There are also mystery stories about Jane Austen, like Jane Austen and the Gentleman Rogue by Stephanie Barron. I can not wait to start reading this book!
I will make sure I write a review on it as soon as possible, after I finish reading Anna and the French Kiss, which I will definitely finish soon, I'm flying through it! I can't wait to share that review with you guys and to get more reviews rolling during 2012! Have a nice night everyone!
~Lizzie Rose~

No comments:

Post a Comment