Monday, January 16, 2012

Poetry Collection Review: Bang Ditto by amber Tamblyn

 
  What do you think when you hear 'movie star'? Do you picture a spoiled, pigheaded diva with nothing but air up in her head? Well, Amber Tamblyn may be a movie star (she starred in the well known Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movies), but she's anything but brainless! How do I know? Her poetry proves it!
  Amber Tamblyn's newest poetry collection, Bang Ditto is some of the best new poetry I've seen. I'm a huge fan of old poetry, Emily Dickinson and the Bronte sisters and the works, but I've never really liked the newer poetry of today. But when I was in a bookstore during the summer one day, I saw Amber's book. I recognized the name from the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (I'm a huge fan of the series and the movies). I knew she wrote poetry, but I didn't know that she had published a collection. I was intrigued, and so I picked it up and bought it. And so, after reading it at home, I was surprised. Amber's poetry was funny and satirical, it has something in it that anyone could enjoy. Her poetry was surprising, showing that this starlet has another side of her, deep and thoughtful. So if you're in the mood for some poetry, head over to your local library or bookstore and pick up this book. I promise you won't be disappointed!
~Lizzie Rose~

No comments:

Post a Comment