Friday, January 6, 2012

Funny how life goes...

Hey everyone!
So I was looking in my bookcase today in my bedroom, and I came across one of my very favorite books when I was old enough to read chapter books. This brought back so many memories! I remember those memories exactly, books that I love have very vivid memories attached to them. The book is called The Secret Language of Girls by Frances O'Roark Dowell. Here's a picture of my copy...





I wore this book out. It may not look like it from the picture, but there are creases in the cover and the binding is broken. The pages are worn and soft to the touch, and smell old yet familiar. Funny, I remember it being this mammoth book. I though that this book was the longest book ever, it's 247 pages long. Now that's a such a short book! When you grow, things that were hug to you when you were younger are so much smaller to you. It's kind of of like visiting your elementary school when you're a high schooler, and you think Did this place shrink? It's like that.
That's it for me right now, have an awesome weekend! I'll be on more over the next few days, school has been soo crazy with finals and all that. I'm working on the Anna and the French Kiss review! I can't wait to write the final draft and put it up! I know it's a lot of fuss for one book, but that's just how I roll. I have also been thinking that maybe that I'll post a "Books through the ages" post, because I really loved this post. Maybe I'll make it a series, spice things up a bit? I'll get to working on that this weekend! Have an awesome night!!
Small Stone of the Day:
The school lets out
The students disperse
They all walk in different directions,
alone and in groups
Like a bunch of little ants
We think we're important
But that's all we really are
A bunch of little ants
Going our separate ways

I know that this is a terribly long Small Stone, but I got the idea after school and I just couldn't resist!

Song of the Day: Dead Hearts- Stars
This is high school's theme song today. Let's just say I had a really, REALLY crappy day. 
 ~Lizzie Rose~

No comments:

Post a Comment