Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Classics: Jane Austen

Hey Everyone!
            Here's the my first Classics post! You ready to dig a little deeper into the best of literature? Let's start off with... Jane Austen!
 What do you know about Jane Austen? Little, maybe nothing? Well, you’re not far off; the world knows hardly anything about Jane Austen, who she was, even what she looked like. There are a few surviving letters and paintings of her, but that’s about it. But in my opinion, we don’t need any of that. We can see who she was through her writing: passionate, romantic, humorous, incredibly smart, and craving for adventure.
Her novels all reflect all this in many different ways, mostly through her characters. I know that I put a lot of myself into my characters, Stephanie from my series is almost exactly like me, with a few tweaks here and there. I think Jane must have been a combination of Elizabeth Bennet and Marianne Dashwood. Both are adventurous and romantic, but brave and willing to say what they mean.
Jane Austen is a fantastic writer and is definitely a genius. She is definitely my all-time favorite writer, and a role model of mine. We definitely owe a lot to Miss Austen, for writing her many amazing books… and for creating Mr. Darcy!
~Lizzie Rose~

No comments:

Post a Comment