Saturday, January 14, 2012

Favorite Books Through the Ages: Elementary School

Hey everyone!
I'm sorry I haven't been on in forever! The last two weeks had to be dedicated to studying for finals, but I'm back now, and I thought I'd make it up to you guys by posting this post of Books Through the Ages!
I'm so excited to share with you guys my Favorite Books Through the Ages post! I've been looking through my collection all weekend and I finally narrowed the books down! I have to admit, that I could only remember fourth grade and up.... Sorry 'bout that! So anyway, without further ado, lets get to my Favorite Books Through the Ages!

Fourth Grade: The Secret Language of Girls by Frances O'Roark Dowell
I already have a post about this book, which is just down below if you would like my story about my relationship (for lack of a better word) this book!

Fifth Grade: The Amazing Days of Abbey Hayes Series by Anne Mazer
I LOVED this series during the last part of fourth grade, all through fifth, and some of sixth grade. I devoured this series, and I finished most of the books in at least one night. Some I even reread, and reread, and reread until I was finished with is. This one above was my very favorite one from the whole series.

Sixth Grade: The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
I found this in my last year of elementary school, and I fell in love with it! It is the coolest book, with pages upon pages of the most amazing illustrations that show you what's happening in the story. I love this book so much, it's one of the books that I read every year just because I love it so much!
It's also a movie now, called Hugo, and I'm dying to see it! I'll probably have to wait until it comes out onto DVD.
That's it for the Elementary School years! Up next, middle school!
~Lizzie Rose~

No comments:

Post a Comment