Thursday, December 29, 2011

Oh, the mall...

Just got back from a trip to the mall an hour or so ago... You'd think that I'd love the mall, that every normal teenage girl should adore going to the mall, and that's true for most of my peers. Well, I must be crazy then because I hate the mall. I hate the trying-on-of-clothes, the noise and crowds. Some years I barely go three times, though while I have gotten older the number of trips have escalated. I do like shopping, like going to cute little boutiques in the city, where there are original stuff you won't find anywhere else, and the people there are actually nice to you. I love dressing up in the cute little original things I get at those places.
Think I'm weird? I don't blame you... maybe you feel the same way I do. I have just never really fit in in places like that, where the people are much more fashionable and skinnier than me, and they can shop places I can't (the clothes they make today don't cater to my curves, sadly). I'd rather be in a bookstore or library.
Funny story about the bookstore... I was at one of my friend's birthday parties once, and when it was over, I had called my mom to pick me up. She said she would be a while, since her and my dad were at the bookstore. I teasingly whined like 'You went to the bookstore without me?!?' Okay, half teasing, I don't like missing a trip to the bookstore. And one of my friends overheard me and said 'What's the big deal? It's just the bookstore, not an amusement park or something.' And I answered 'Your amusement park is my bookstore.' And she just laughed and changed the subject. I found that funny, how two people can see the same place or thing so differently. I guess all this kinda links to the old cliche saying... One person's trash is another person's treasure. Night Night, Everyone!
~Lizzie Rose~

No comments:

Post a Comment