Saturday, December 29, 2012

Book Review: What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones

  So while I was looking over some of my old posts, I saw that I said I would review this book, What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones. But as I looked back, I saw that I never did post a review, so I thought I would now! No time like the present, right?
  What My Mother Doesn't Know is a novel in verse. Actually, It's the one that inspired me to write my own! Sophie is a fifteen year old high schooler struggling with family issues, boy craziness, relationships, breakups, and first love(s). Sophie is just like you and me, making this book so realatable, sometimes it might feel like you're looking into a mirror. Sophie is just trying to make sense of the world, of her heart, and most of all, growing up, and is doing so in her poetry (and art). What My Mother Doesn't Know is a beautiful narration of this, and should be read by every girl entering the scary years of adolescence.
~Lizzie Rose~

No comments:

Post a Comment