Saturday, December 29, 2012

Book Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

  So I have mentioned before of my admiration of the author Stephanie Perkins. I reviewed her first book Anna and the French Kiss a while back, but I never reviewed its sequel Lola and the Boy Next Door.
  The novel centers around Lola, a creative costumer high school senior who has 3 withes for the year. For her parents to approve of her rocker boyfriend Max, to go to the winter formal as Marie Antoinette, and to never see the Bell twins again.
  But when the Bells move back into their old house next door to Lola's, her wishes start to go up in smoke. As time goes on, Lola and Cricket start to become friends again, but Lola is wary, dead set on making her relationship with Max work. But as Lola and Cricket grow closer and closer, she starts to feel old feelings again.
  I loved Anna and the French Kiss, as did many Stephanie Perkins fans, but many have given Lola and the Boy Next Door thumbs down. I can see where some are coming from. Lola is a compulsive liar, both to herself and others. But where people say it isn't as well written as it's predecessor, I must agree to disagree.  The story is just right for Lola, and I think that it is the perfect sequel (we even see Anna and St. Clair from time to time during the book!). I can't wait for the third book, Isla and the Happily Every After, to come out in 2013! I'm dying in suspense!
~Lizzie Rose~

No comments:

Post a Comment