Friday, February 3, 2012

The Classics: One Word... Shakespeare!

Hey everyone!
For the second The Classics post, I thought I would post about the most classic writer of all! Shakespeare!


We know hardly anything about William Shakespeare himself, and everything that we do know is painfully vague. Even his birth date and birth place... and his authorship of his plays are questioned. But we do know very well are his plays, my personal favorites include Much Ado About Nothing, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and of course, Romeo and Juliet. (Hey, what else can you expect of me?) And also, his poetry!
All of his plays are masterfully and beautifully written. The lines of some of the most important characters poetic and have a rhythm to them. I know that if I could go back in time, I would go and see the opening night of Romeo and Juliet. Here's a picture of The Globe, where Shakespeare's works were performed...


Wouldn't that be amazing? And to meet Shakespeare would be so great, too, clear up the controversies surrounding Shakespeare and his legacy.
Poetic, romantic, and humorous, Shakespeare's theatricals and poems are simply perfect in every way imaginable.
~
Keep checking in with me for more reviews on the Classics! Next up is Louisa May Alcott, then O. Henry! Lots of good stuff coming, including a review I've been preparing for a while about the poetry novel What My Mother Doesn't Know. Thanks for reading!
~Lizzie Rose~

No comments:

Post a Comment