Thursday, December 26, 2013

Birthdays, Writing and Chasing Dreams

Hello again,

I think it may be a week since I've posted? It has been a crazy one. As I'm sure it has been for everyone else. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but it's still not excuse. Sorry about that... but I hope that everyone had a fantastic Christmas! I did. I think that my favorite part about the holiday season is how it forces people to pause their fast and furious schedules and spend time with family. I love love love that, because you get to capture precious moments, even if they are few and far between. Kind of gives you something to hold on to during the year, doesn't it?

I also just realised, I think today might actually be this blog's 2nd birthday! Yay! (Insert "Happy Birthday" song here) for the most part, I have been a really sucky blogger, but im hoping to change that in the coming year. So happy 2nd birthday, Petals and Velvet! Lets start this year out fresh, a clean slate.

So remember when I said that this blog was going to be a little bit of everything? I wasn't kidding. Today's topic is writing. The past few days, I've been aching to write, but I wasn't sure how... or what I would write for that matter. As I may have mentioned before, I have been suffering from writers block for a while, and (fiction wise) it has been weavering a little. A couple ideas have popped into my head over the past couple of days. To start out, I think I'll write a short story. Then, I'm going to dedicate myself to outlines and plans for my existing and budding stories. Baby steps.

But one thing that I've been pondering these past few days, or if I'm honest, the past few years, is thatchasing your dreams is no cakewalk. It's gutsy, it's courageous, and most of all, it's brave. I know I want to be a writer, I've known that for a long time. If I want to dedicate my life to writing, and live out the dream I've had since I was 3, I will not be easy. It will be a rough ride, but it will be worth it, because it's for something I love. And that is something worth walking the tightrope for. We just have to be willing to sacrifice for it. The same goes for any passion,  whether it's painting, the piano, physics, or true love, it's all worth it. When you find the thing that makes you smile, makes you feel like you belong in this messed up world of ours, it's worth the risk. Don't let it go.

Good night all. Thank you for listening/reading.

~Lizzie Rose~

Song of the Day: More like group of the day, but im obsessed with The Lumineers right now, they are just amazing! Please go listen if you haven't heard anything by them other than "Ho Hey". Pretty please?

What I'm reading: A Room With a View by E.M. Forster
I love this book! I'm a lover of the classics, and this book is so entertaining. All of the characters almost dance around eachother in some sort of etiquette tango, and everyone is afraid of stepping on each other's toes. At least that's what I think so far. When I finish, maybe I will write a post about what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment