Saturday, February 21, 2015

5 Women that SLAY in Everything They Do


1. J.K. Rowling
(Picture: https://larryfire.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/jk-rowling-official-portrait.jpg)

J.K. Rowling is Queen! She is wise, talented, accomplished in her craft. she refuses to be pigeon holed into a specific genre and has courageously branched out into other genres. Need I say more?

2. Tavi Gevinson
(Picture: http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2014/05/23/multimedia/tmag-tavi-gevinson/tmag-tavi-gevinson-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg)

I have been obsessed with Rookie Mag ever since I read about Tavi in Teen Vogue a long time back. We're the same age, but when I was trying to take pre-adolescent pimples and poufy hair she became a fashion icon. Then she created Rookie. Then she acted in movies and on Broadway.

I can't even. Tavi is my hero, and I think we need to be best friends.


3. Emma watson
(Picture: http://media4.popsugar-assets.com/files/2014/04/14/075/n/3019466/59e0f18aa7f3fa66_480667729.xxxlarge/i/Emma-Watson-Quotes-Dating.jpg)

She played my favorite literary heroine Hermione Granger. After the end of the Harry Potter series, she moved on to more grown up and diverse roles. My favorite is that she recently spoke at the United Nations on Feminism and women's' rights.

4. Taylor swift
(Pictures: http://www.billboard.com/files/styles/promo_650/public/media/taylor-swift-2014-sarah-barlow-billboard-650.jpg)

I am a huge Swiftie (I'm seeing her in concert this summer!!). I've been a fan ever since Fearless came out. Her music got me through middle school and high school so far, and probably will get me through college. She bravely went from country to pop, and was success. Recently, someone said that I was just like Taylor Swift. By the tone of voice, I'm no sure if it was meant as a knock or a compliment, but I'll take that as a compliment any day!

5. Jane Austen
(Picture: http://eatingforbalance.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/women-Jane-Austen.jpg)

Even though her works are sometimes put down for romanticizing the subservience that women had been subjected to in the past. Every one of her novels end in a marriage, but what some people fail to remember is that that was how it was back then! Woman had to get married to live. In my opinion, Jane Austen's works are famous because of her graceful and eloquent documentation of her time. But she is on this list because Jane was able to support herself in a man's world. Jane was very different from her heroines, she never got married and made her own money in a time women were dependent upon men. She made a throne for herself in a man's enterprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment