Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer Reads Book Review Series: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Helloo!
Here's Summer Read #2, and another awesome book!! Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson, read on to learn more about this truly epic book...

  The title says it all. The book revolves around Amy Curry's cross country trip from California to Connecticuit. A lot has happened in Amy's life, her father's death, her brother's addiction and mother's abandonment. And now she has to move across the country to her mother's new home. So to get the family car to the new home, Amy's mother arranges for her to drive it over rather than shipping it. But since Amy is afraid of driving since her father's accident, her mom gets the son of a family friend to drive her. And in comes Roger, who has some secrets, too. Together, they discover new places, and form a new friendship that might end up helping them through the journeys they need to make, both on the road and personal.
  This book is such a cute little read. And I kinda have a funny story about how I found this book! I was wandering around my local bookstore in early June and walked past a rack with a sign saying "Summer Reads". I stopped to look at it, and this book caught my eye, because I was just about to depart on my own month long road trip. I thought it was so ironic that I would find a book about a road trip days before I went on my own, so I just had to get it. I read the book while I was on the road, and even applied some of the road trip tips in the back of the book! So this book has a bit of a sentimental value with me, traveling all 6,620 miles right along with me.
  Highly recommended, this book is the perfect summer read. Check it out at your local library today to experience it for yourself!
  Enjoy!
~Lizzie Rose~

No comments:

Post a Comment