Sunday, October 11, 2015

College Life Playlist: Nose to the Grindstone

Hello! Long time, no write!

Since I last wrote, I've completed two college summer courses, moved in to the dorm, and started the fall semester. Lots of changes around these parts!

Needless to say, I've been doing a lot of studying lately. You all know how much I love playlisting, so you better believe I have a playlist for when I'm putting the nose to the grindstone... Or into the books. It depends on the day.

I prefer the music that I play for when I study or work on other things like papers and presentations to be soothing. Anything mellow and preferably not too emotional, because then I get distracted and cry a lot. No one needs that.

1. "Skinny Love" by Bon Iver


2. "Robbers" by The 1975


3. "Morning" by Beck


4. "Between the Bars" by either Elliot Smith or The Civil Wars (or both!)




5. "Paper Doll" by John Mayer


6. "Sigur 4 (Untitled)" by Sigur Ros


7. "Poison and Wine" by The Civil Wars


Click here if you want to go over to my Spotify and give it a listen.

If you don't have the time to make a playlist and want to listen to just one artist, I would recommend anything by Bon Iver, Beck's Morning Phase, and Sigur Ros's (Untitled). They're all great for background music, and of course, perfect for studying.

Lizzie Rose

A shameless plug before I sign off! Hey, it's my blog, right? Anyway, click HERE to check out a collection of stories I wrote and self published. I'd be happy forever.

2 comments: