Sunday, April 15, 2012

Long time, no see!

Hey, everyone!
  Life has been so insane, lately! I swear, between mid-terms and sickness, I have had absolutely no time for a whole lot of the things I like (for example, blogging). But I am back, and I hope to be able to blog more. I am procrastinating right now, I have a puzzle page to do for my math class. It's always that one annoying teacher who assigns something for the weekend. Thanks a lot, teach.
  But anyway... It is a lovely Sunday afternoon, the kind of day I like to go out to our deck and read, or go for a walk, etc. I had a nice weekend as well, my grandparents came over for a chorus function and stayed Friday through Sunday afternoon. The time passed way too quickly, but it was nice to see them! (Shout-out to my grandmother, who is my most faithful reader :D)
  My Grandmom brought along with her her old typewriter and passed it down to me, and I am ecstatic! She says that her parents gave it to her when she was a junior on high school in 1960, and it is a beautiful typewriter in great condition. In fact, it looks like a cross between these two pictures I found...
 
 It's mostly like this one above, with the coloring and the open top, but it is a Royal like this one below, with the scrolls for the paper and the lever on the left.
Later this week, we will be taking it to a shop to have it cleaned up a bit, because it's a bit dusty underneath and the I key sticks, and then I will take a picture of it and post it for you guys to see. Also, I named it Dettie, in honor of my grandmom :)
  Well, I hope you guys are having a great day, and I will be posting much more soon! See ya :)
~Lizzie Rose~

P.S. I'm on Pinterest! There is a Ointerest button on the sidebar now, and it's linked to my page if you would like to go take a look. I have, like, 150 pins, I'm obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment